Department of Justice is now the Department of Communities and Justice.  Find out more >

Counselling services - General

General Practitioner (GP) referrals for counselling

You can seek referrals for counselling support through your local GP. You may be eligible for a Medicare Rebate when accessing mental health services. You can discuss this option with your GP.

Individual, family or relationship counselling and mediation services are provided by a range of organisations such as (seek information about services, fees and wait lists):

An online directory of free or low cost health and community services available in Australia

Australian Association of Social Workers (AAS)

Professional association for social workers in Australia. Find a Social Worker

Australian Psychological Society (APS)

Professional association for psychologists in Australia. Find a Psychologist