Department of Justice is now the Department of Communities and Justice.  Find out more >

Child abduction concerns

If a child is taken by another parent/carer without permission you should seek urgent legal advice. If you have concerns for their welfare speak to your local police about lodging a missing persons report.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) - Family Law Kit

Webpage outlining the AFP's role in child recovery orders and Family Law Watchlist

Commonwealth Attorney General's Department - International Family Law and Children

Webpage to assist people when a child is abducted across international borders

Family Court of Australia – Missing Children

Provides information relating to missing children, and recovery and publication orders 

Family Law - National Enquiry Centre (NEC)

The entry point for all telephone and email enquiries on Family Law matters (Federal Circuit Court of Australia and Family Court of Australia)

International Social Service (ISS) Australia - ISS Australia offers help to parents and families affected by international parental child abduction. ISS offers social work and legal services to families, children and adults across international borders. National contacts:
Phone: 1300 657 843 (Helpline)